Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ALC Officer Elections - update #2

PRESIDENT

Maria-Paola Matheus

My name is Maria-Paola Matheus and I want to run for President of this great organization. Like many of you may already know, I am currently a junior at the Awty International School but have spent four years at Westchester Academy for International Studies. I am a part of the Honor Society, French Honor Society, Model United Nations, and Student Council among other things. I have had the opportunity to work for a hospital where I help many people in need. Through my job, I have learned to be more hard working and determined whenever I have a task at hand, all of which would help me be a better President of the organization. I have been part of the organization since the beginning of this school year and I have attended the majority of the meetings. I believe attendance is crucial because we can not do anything if people do not try to keep themselves apart of the organization. As for Amigas Latinas for College, I see that there could be some great potential. To make the organization bigger and better run (especially for Virginia Baxt, the founder), we could attempt to do many new things and activities. We could have a spring carwash along with community raffles (you would be surprised at how many companies are willing to donate things and services), community bake sales, and Amigas Latinas for College merchandise. Thus, we could bring in much more money. We could also try to do much more to help out with the college process. That would include visiting more colleges and arranging more people to come talk to us that could guide us in the fields we want to possibly go study in. I know that each of us is going to succeed in getting into college. We all can do this. I would enjoy being President because I am productive and I am a people-person, listening to what each and every one of you has to say. So please, elect me as next year’s President: you will not regret it. Thank you for taking the time to considerate me for President.

No comments:

Post a Comment