Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update from the National Hispanic Environmental Council

ALC member Priscila Cevallos recently attended the Hispanic Environmental Council Program in New Mexico. Here is a report on her experience.

"I just got back from the national Hispanic Environmental Council Program in New Mexico and it was simply amazing! Our schedule was full: we did everything from camping next to a beautiful lake, to visiting the Los Alamos Laboratory where the first atomic bomb was created. The experience was wonderful and I definitely learned so much from the lectures/presentations, and the water, soil, vegetation, animals, and human impact field studies we conducted. We were able to visit many National Parks and hike all over New Mexico! I only wish that I could have stayed a while longer. Thank you Virginia [Baxt] for letting me know about the program. The bonds created there are going to last a lifetime and I hope that I will be able to get another internship with the people I met there. Thank you again."
All the best,
Priscila Cevallos

No comments:

Post a Comment